Tuesday, March 14, 2017

HIGH SCHOOL S POINTLESS

Today at my school we had a Collage Fair and it got me really excited for collage so later when i got home i started talking to my sister about it. While we were talking i started to realize that high school hasnt prepared me for life at all... I have learned pointless things for the last three years.Now i understand that learning the history of this country is important. I know that  there are important subjects BUT i feel/know that i have forgotten most of what ive learned already... and i still have not really learned any important life skills that could and should be taught in school considering that they say they are preparing you for life. I still dont know how to write a check, a resume , pay bills,etc. these are all IMPORTANT skills that i HAVE to know and yet have not been taught yet. Some say well you have your parents for that but isnt school that place STUDENTS go to LEARN and PREPARE for the rest of their lives?....Thank you Dr. Preston for actually teaching us some of these important skills like time management which i forgot to mention and how to write a good resume. Several students dont know these things and need someone to teach them. High school is just pointless when you really think about it theres to much stress and projects that really arent preparing us for life... i guess they teach you some things like leadership, and you can teach yourself time management BUT wouldnt it be better if we had a whole class for that? I think we need our school system to change a bit.... If any important Education figure that can make some changes happen and wants to see some changes happen are reading this e-mail me or comment and we can have a conversation i can round up a bunch of students and really talk about what needs to change. I can go on and on about this but i think i leave that to another blog post on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment